Your Personal Data
Your data, privacy and the Law. How do we use it?
- This Practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent emergency care service.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as flu, cervical cytology and diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
- General Practice Data for Planning and Research: GP Practice Privacy Notice click here
For more information please view the documents below: