Electronic prescription requests:
The easiest way to request a repeat prescription is by registering for online access, this system is only for regular approved repeat prescriptions. If you would like to use this system, you first need to come into Reception with a form of photo ID, and we will provide you with your user ID and password. Once you have access then simply click on the link above 'patient access' and order your medications.
General prescription information:
* You can still order your prescriptions using the repeat prescription form or a prescription request slip from reception, once you have selected the items you require there is a letterbox at the front door for you to post your requests.
* Please allow 5 working days for us to produce your normal repeat prescription. This is because, even if an approved repeat, there are safety checks and reviews that we undertake in the background before we issue of any prescribed drug.
* If you are collecting from a pharmacy then please allow a further day for collection as the Pharmacist may need to order some medication in before they are able to complete it and have it ready for you to collect.
* If you are asked by the Doctor, Nurse or Repeat Prescribing Team to make a review appointment or telephone call prior to your next prescription, please allow plenty of time to do this. We would suggest contacting Reception to arrange your appointment 2 weeks before you need more medicine, to allow time to book an appointment with the Doctor that has been looking after you.
* Occasionally you will be informed that your request has been rejected. Please accept that this is invariably for a safety reason and you will need to work with our staff by giving them as much information as possible to get the situation resolved.
* We deal with about 450 prescription requests a day. Unfortunately when the Doctors are interrupted to deal with requests that have been left to the last moment this has led to errors- affecting both the patient making the late request & the patient who is being dealt with when the interruption occurs. Reception have therefore been instructed to no longer take this route, so please be understanding if they tell you that you will need to come back later in the day. We appreciate this can be frustrating but everyone’s safety is paramount. Please try and avoid finding yourself in this situation. So please send electronically, post, hand deliver and fax your requests in plenty of time!
* Our drug budget is under constant pressure.We would ask that you purchase items that are available over the counter so that we can use the budget for prescription only medicines, and only order items if you need them.
* Practice policy is for 2 months of medication to be issued at a time, apart from the contraceptive pill, HRT & thyroxine. However, as long as a prescription is stable and unlikely to change, and at the doctor’s discretion, we can issue a max of 3 month medication if required for holidays etc. If three months is required please ensure you put the reason on your request.
* Please drop a note to our Prescription Clerk or your pharmacy if your medications are“out of sync” so that they can be altered to all be issued on the same date.