Whilst we do not operate an emergency service, we appreciate that there may be occasions where:-
There is a sudden onset of a problem
You are in pain or acute discomfort
On these occasions you may need to access to medical attention and/or advice on the same day. Should this be the case please help us by:-
Telephoning the surgery as early in the day as possible
Giving the reception staff as much information as you are able.
Our experienced staff have been asked to identify problems that need to be dealt with promptly, and will bring this to the doctors attention to enable them to prioritise those most in need. All staff are subject to the practices strict confidentiality policy.
Other sources of medical advice and help
NHS Choices at www.nhs.uk or click on the link below
where you can:-
• Access reliable information about most symptoms and illness
• Gain information and help in identifying problems that need prompt attention
• Get advice on where to access treatment
• Get general health advice
• Access advice and guidance on treatments that can be bought over the counter.
NHS 111 service - click on the link below.
For urgent but not life threatening problems Dial 111 – provide advice and guidance both in surgery hours and when we are closed. They will assess your problem and advise you on the best and most timely way to get help.